What are the different types of membership the POGP offers?
1. Full Membership
Full Membership of the association is open to annually subscribing chartered physiotherapists who have completed the University of Bradford Postgraduate Certificate 'Physiotherapy in Women's Health' or 'Continence for Physiotherapists'.
Chartered Physiotherapists who completed the theory and practice core modules of either of the above certificates and commenced their studies before September 2008 are also eligible for membership.
Also qualifying for this category
Also qualifying for this category includes six historical courses, which are no longer in existence. Completion of these programmes conferred eligibility for membership at that time:
- Previous members of the Obstetric Association of Chartered Physiotherapists (OACP)
- Retired chartered physiotherapists who prior to retirement were members of the association
- Annually subscribing chartered physiotherapists who have completed one of the following courses:
- ACPOG Part 1
- ACPOG Foundation
- POGP Post- registration course in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- PACE accredited Continence Course
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Development in Health: Continence (University of East London)
- Physiotherapy in Women's Health course (University of Bradford) prior to accreditation of the modules at Masters level
The physiotherapist can submit a portfolio or evidence of published works relevant to the speciality of pelvic, obstetric and gynaecological physiotherapy and judged by the association to be of an acceptable standard.
Details on this method of entry and application form are available in our Resources section or Career Progression section of our website.
AGM and voting rights for Full Membership
In this category the member may attend the AGM and has the right to vote
2. Affiliate membership
For those with a clinical interest or speciality in pelvic, obstetric and gynaecological physiotherapy but who do not yet meet the criteria for Full Membership.
This is available to:
- Annually subscribing chartered physiotherapists who are not included in the above category
- Annually subscribing members of the Irish Society of Physiotherapists
- Retired chartered physiotherapists who are not included in the above category
AGM and voting rights for Affiliate Members
In this category the affiliate may attend the AGM and have voting rights
3. Students and new graduate chartered physiotherapists
- Student physiotherapists registered with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
- New graduate physiotherapists (up to two years post-registration) registered with the CSP.
Benefit from a reduced rate of POGP membership.
Are not eligible to be on our POGP searchable directory.
4. Retired Membership
- Retired members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
Subsidised rate of POGP membership with all the benefits. We encourage our retired members to stay vocal on our social media pages to continue to share their knowledge base should they wish.
Online Content Subscription
Our online content subscription is a great option if you are not eligable for the membership catagories of POGP. Access to our Online Content Subscription gives you:
- Full access to our POGP journal
- Full access to our POGP Good Practice Statements
You will not be eligable for the other benefits of POGP membership as outlined in our 'Benefits of Membership' section.
Our internationally renowned journal and extensively researched and peer reviewed Good Practice Statements are ever popular. Here we offer an online content subscription to these two areas of our website.
Those interested may include midwives, doctors, osteopaths, chiropractors, nurses, fitness professionals, personal trainers etc.
Please note that the Online Content Subscription does NOT give you POGP membership and therefore by using this service you are not a POGP member. You will only able to access the above areas from our closed pages.
What are the costs of becoming a member?
Members (proof of course must be sent with application)
|Retired membership (CSP registered)
|Student and recently qualified
Lapsed members rejoining will be charged an extra fee of £3.50.
What are the costs of becoming an Online Content Subscriber?
|Anyone can pay to access the online content subscription but health care professionals, fitness professionals and researchers may benefit most