Please review the criteria for full membership carefully to see if you are eligible. If you are eligible, once you have applied for membership we will contact you to provide evidence separately. You will still have full website access as an affiliate whilst you await the decision.
Full Membership of the association is open to annually subscribing chartered physiotherapists who have completed the University of Bradford Postgraduate Certificate 'Physiotherapy in Women's Health' or 'Continence for Physiotherapists'.
Chartered Physiotherapists who completed the theory and practice core modules of either of the above certificates and commenced their studies before September 2008 are also eligible for membership.
Also qualifying for this category
Also qualifying for this category includes six historical courses, which are no longer in existence. Completion of these programmes conferred eligibility for membership at that time:
- Previous members of the Obstetric Association of Chartered Physiotherapists (OACP)
- Retired chartered physiotherapists who prior to retirement were members of the association
- Annually subscribing chartered physiotherapists who have completed one of the following courses:
- ACPOG Part 1
- ACPOG Foundation
- POGP Post- registration course in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- PACE accredited Continence Course
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Development in Health: Continence (University of East London)
- Physiotherapy in Women's Health course (University of Bradford) prior to accreditation of the modules at Masters level
See Academic Courses section for details of the courses currently approved by POGP.
An alternative route for this category:
The physiotherapist can submit a portfolio or evidence of published works relevant to the speciality of women's health and judged by the association to be of an acceptable standard.
Details on this method of entry and application form are available in our Resources section or Career Progression section of our website.
AGM and voting rights
In this category the member may attend the AGM and has the right to vote
Membership is available to annually subscribing members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) and to international physiotherapists who do not reside or work in the U.K. The international physiotherapists must be members of their country’s physiotherapy governing body.
The physiotherapist must also have successfully completed a post-registration course in Women’s Health or Continence.
Affiliate membership is available to annually subscribing members of the CSP who are not full members and to International physiotherapists who do not reside or work in the UK, provided that the physiotherapists are members of their country’s physiotherapy governing body.
An additional charge of £6.50 is required for overseas membership to cover postage of the journal for EU countries and £10.50 for other countries. There is no additional cost should you wish to only view the journals online (you will not receive a physical copy in this case).
When applying for POGP membership as an overseas member please provide a copy of your certificate for your own country's governing body rather than the requested CSP certificate.
For those with a clinical interest or speciality in pelvic, obstetric and gynaecological physiotherapy but who do not meet the criteria for Full Membership.
This is available to:
- Annually subscribing chartered physiotherapists who are not included in the above category
- Annually subscribing members of the Irish Society of Physiotherapists
- Retired chartered physiotherapists who are not included in the above category
AGM and voting rights
In this category the affiliate may attend the AGM and have voting rights
- Student physiotherapists registered with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
- New graduate physiotherapists (up to two years post-registration) registered with the CSP.
Benefit from a reduced rate of POGP membership.
Are not eligible to be on our POGP searchable directory.
- Retired members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
Subsidised rate of POGP membership with all the benefits. We encourage our retired members to stay vocal on our social media pages to continue to share their knowledge base should they wish.
Our online content subscription is a great option if you are not eligable for the membership catagories of POGP. Access to our Online Content Subscription gives you:
- Full access to our POGP journal
- Full access to our POGP Good Practice Statements
You will not be eligable for the other benefits of POGP membership as outlined in our 'Benefits of Membership' section nor be able to be considered a POGP Member.
Our internationally renowned journal and extensively researched and peer reviewed Good Practice Statements are ever popular.
Those interested may include midwives, doctors, osteopaths, chiropractors, nurses, fitness professionals, personal trainers etc.